2019 Spring Rec Ball Season
Thank you for your interest in having your child play softball with Mira Mesa Girls Softball! We are really looking forward to this Spring Season. All players, managers, coaches and team parent volunteers must register online through this link. All adult volunteers need to fill out an Adult Background Check consent form as well as the Adult Volunteer Application Form (see links below). If you are returning player or returning adult volunteer from a prior season with MMGS, all you have to do is sign into your Sports Sign Up account and register for the new season. Walk-up registration dates, times and locations will also be announced soon. Register online to receive future emails, follow us on Facebook and Instagram @mmgsoftball and visit our website www.mmgsoftball.com for further registration information and important league information.
All Adult Team Volunteers (Managers, Coaches, Team Parents) will need to download and print out a copy of the Adult Background consent form, fill it out, sign and submit with a copy of your driver’s license on or before January 20, 2019. The selection of adult team volunteers will be done by MMGS Boad of Directors soon after this date. Please submit all required information ASAP. Adult Background Consent Form, Adult Volunteer Application
- Spring Registration Fees: T-Ball(6U) Fee - $45.00 ; All Other Divisions (8U, 10U, 12U & 14U) $120.00
- Spirit Division - FREE!!
- Early Bird Registration Discounts: October 1, 2018 - October 31, 2018 receive a 40% OFF Discount!! with full paid registration at time of order. November 1, 2018 - November 30, 2018 recieve a 25% OFF Discount!! (discount is automatically applied at checkout). *Important Note: Early Bird Registration Discounts may not be combined with any other offer, discounts, coupons/vouchers. Please take advantage of these amazing offers. The higher discount will be applied at time of registration.*
- Other Discounts :
- Military Discount is 20% off regular registration (use promotion code: military)
- Sibling/Multiple registration discount is 10% off regular price registration. Please contact Registrar, Jerry Moots to apply.
- Bring a FRIEND DISCOUNT to PLAY IN MMGS and you and your friend will receive a 10% discount off regular registration. Player must be new to MMGS.
- Returning MMGS Players Discount is 10% off regular price registration (use promotion code: return).
- For any other offers or vouchers that need to be applied to your account please also contact our Registrar, Jerry Moots firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration after December 1, 2018 will be $120 for divisions 8U-14U (subject to space availability). All past due registration fees are due by the uniform hand-out date.
- Player Evaluations are conducted for divisions (8U through 14U) and are solely based off of the number of players registered per division. Date, times and location will be annouced should your player need to attend.
- If your player is new to MMGS and ASA/USA Softball, a copy of your child’s birth certificate must be submitted for age verification purposes through ASA/USA Softball. Copies of the player's birth certificate can be emailed to email@example.com or submitted at our walk-up registrations. Copies of birth certificates are sent directly to ASA/USA Softball and not kept in the league’s possession. Please no cell phone pictures. Please scan to PDF or make a copy and submit it.
- All Registration Fees includes: player jersey, socks & a basic Spring Softball photo package.
- Spring Season games will begin Saturday, February 16th, 2019 (WEATHER PERMITTING) and the season will run through Saturday, April 28, 2019.
- T-ball games will be on Saturdays only at Hourglass Park. T-ball games will last approximately 45 minutes (each player normally receives 3 at bats)
- MMGS Field: Our current home field is Hourglass Field Community Park, location address: 10440 Black Mountain Rd, SD 92126. We utilize Fields #1-5.
- Each child should have thier own pair of cleats, a glove, a helmet with attached facemask. Softball bats are available to borrow from the league.
- Fielders facemasks are required for all players in 8U. We highly recommend facemasks for divisions’ 10U-14U for extra added field protection.
- Practice days are during the week Monday-Friday. Practice dates and times are determined by the team Manager and field availability.
Snack Bar $35 Deposit Check: MMGS is a non-profit organization dedicated to provide a memorable youth sports experience. Programs and equipment are mostly paid for from the money made in our league Snack Bar as well as through generous tax-deductible sponsor donations. We ask that al families must fulfill the snack bar volunteer commitment so that MMGS may continue to provide great future softball experiences to your player. To ensure your commitment please submit a $35 deposit check to MMGS. This check will not be cashed and will be void upon fulfilling your snack bar volunteer hours. Snack Bar deposit checks can be mailed to MMGS, PO Box 261857 San Diego, CA 92126 or submitted during walk-up registrations and or evaluation dates. Players will not receive their uniform until their snack bar deposit check is recieved.
Refund Policy: If registration is cancelled before player evaluations a full refund less $10 processing fee will be reimbursed. 50% Refund may be issued if cancellation is submittd prior to uniform distribution and NO REFUNDS are issued after recieving your player uniform on uniform hand-out date. Exceptions are only permitted with MMGS Board of Direcotrs approval.
If you are interested in helping on the board for the MMGS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject of your email please type “Board Member Opportunities”. For a list of open positions please visit www.mmgsoftball.com/board
Any questions or concerns please feel free to email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to any board member you may see on the fields.